Karl's blog

  • : Function ereg() is deprecated in /home/legoguards/www/2007/includes/file.inc on line 646.
  • : Function ereg() is deprecated in /home/legoguards/www/2007/includes/file.inc on line 646.
  • : Function ereg() is deprecated in /home/legoguards/www/2007/includes/file.inc on line 646.
  • : preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/legoguards/www/2007/includes/unicode.inc on line 311.
  • : preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/legoguards/www/2007/includes/unicode.inc on line 311.
  • : preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/legoguards/www/2007/includes/unicode.inc on line 311.
  • : preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/legoguards/www/2007/includes/unicode.inc on line 311.
  • : preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/legoguards/www/2007/includes/unicode.inc on line 311.
  • : preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/legoguards/www/2007/includes/unicode.inc on line 311.
  • : preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/legoguards/www/2007/includes/unicode.inc on line 311.
  • : preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/legoguards/www/2007/includes/unicode.inc on line 311.
  • : preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/legoguards/www/2007/includes/unicode.inc on line 311.

The last two meetings

On Monday we did our final robot runs before going to Atlanta – out of ten runs, there were ten perfect scores! We tested the alcohol wipes on the robot’s wheels and they worked great. We also built the travel kit of spare parts to take with us.

2/5/08 Meeting

On 2/5/08, wednesday, the team went to Penryn School for an hour to show them what we do along with the FLL. Although Justin couldn't make it because he was sick it still went well and most of the kids in the class seemed to enjoy it. We will be seeing other schools and such, doing the same basic things, and I hope that all of the children will enjoy our presentation. Not only will we be seeing schools, but now we are also going to be going to the Board of Supervisors sometime soon and even though we have only 10 minutes with them, it is better than nothing!

November 12th 2007...

On this last meeting I helped Justin and Al a little on getting the truck back to base, then I went to describing what I did in my programs. The previous days I worked on building and programing the Oil Derek, which now works 10/10 times, the other mission I finished was the delivery mission, at the moment is still not working but I know how to fix it. Last Friday I worked on teaching Al and Joey how to program (even though they forgot how to do it already). Before that I reconfigured the robot to have wheels instead of treads, also adding counter weights to make the turn more precise.

No longer Evo...

The J&K (Justin & Karl, or Just & Kidding...lol)  company bring the Lego Guards a new robot that, once completed, will smash down the rest of the Evo's and will make everyone wonder "Why did we want treads?" Evo 6 was good, but now there is the next generation... the rB! We have not voted on it because we barley got the back wheels done on this last meeting, but the way the wheels are on the thing, it is going to be fast and will spin on a dime. Accuracy is the one thing not tested, but we have not finished the thing, it is also simpler with no gears!

Monday, October 7th

This meeting me and Al worked on EVO 3 and 4, number 3 looked alot like last years, only lower to the ground, it was a good robot but was not perfect. Then Al made a crazy design, from that me and him built the little beast known as EVO 4 the thing is a tank. We worked on it late into the night until it was correct, we also made a second version EVO 4.1, upgrading the old one to match the new on. It has 2 light sensors, 1 ultrasonic, and the extra motor, the best thing is we have two robots, the design is great and the bot is faster than ever.

10/1/7

Today I worked on the robot, I moved the arm to the top instead of the middle, I also moved the sensors wider out. It was not my most productive meeting either, but I did make an experimantal shock absorber. The older one is not working well and I just ripped it apart through prue anger. In the project part , I found that I forgot my sheets (A lot of people did...) and I have to work on many things foor home work...

 

Nice job....

You all have done great^^!

Last Meeting...

    This last meeting, 9/17/07, I finished Evo 1 (Evolution one), and it has two light sensors, one touch sensor, and a third motor. The robot so far is very simple, sturdy, and balanced so it won't start doing wheelying again. I put two large wheels with our special white wheels  in the back. I still need to add more support to the wheels and may want to try to put them at an angle / \.

Today

Today I started working on the teams first robot or EVO 1 so far the basics are down but the motors are not in place. The robot is fast, probaly to fast, and some of the gearing is still wrong.

LrakkarL

Powered by Drupal - Design by artinet